Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
U.S. Citizen Enrollment

U.S. Citizen Enrollment

Travel enrollment is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling or living in a foreign country. Enrollment allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can use to assist you in case of an emergency.  You may update your contact information at any time, making it easy to keep your information current. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate on security and other important topics.

U.S. citizens around the world who travel or reside abroad can access this site at We invite you to enroll yourself and your family and update your information whenever you move or travel overseas. The site provides you with the latest travel information customized to your unique travel agenda and itinerary. The data you provide is secured behind Department of State firewalls, accessed only by cleared personnel in Embassies, Consulates, and the Department of State, and releasable only under the provisions of the Privacy Act. To use the above enrollment site for the first time, begin by clicking on "new account" and have your passport ready to enter pertinent information.  The user-friendly site will prompt you for complete information; enrollment will be most useful in emergencies if you keep your information current.

If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions about the travel enrollment website, please send an email to If you have specific questions about your enrollment with the U.S. Embassy in China, please contact us at or call (010) 8531-4000 weekdays 8am-12pm, 1-5pm except American and local Chinese holidays.