DS-160 Online Application
BEFORE PROCEEDING TO FILL OUT THE FORM, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
- On the very first page of the form, please select Chinese as the language in the upper-right hand corner. The form will then automatically provide pop-up translation when you hold the mouse over the English text. For a picture of the instructions, please click here.
- Once you click on “Start Application” button, when you get to the next page, please select Beijing, China as your location. For a picture of these instructions, please click here.
- Please note that the entire form has to be filled out in English, except for one field where it asks for your name in your native language, in which case, you can use Hanzi to enter your name. For a picture of these instructions, please click here.
- Please save the file frequently onto a thumb drive or on your computer while completing the form. After completing the form, please save the final file onto a thumb drive or CD for ease of transportation. For more information on saving the file, please click here.
- If your first name has two characters, on the question that asks “Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?” please click on the “Yes” button and then enter your last name and first name with a space between the two words of your first name, as indicated. For an example, please click here.
Applicants for F2, M2, J2, L2 and H4 visas should select F1, M1, J1, L1 and H1 respectively in the field of “purpose of travel” as the principal applicants.
- If you have traveled to the U.S. before, please enter your prior visa number in the field indicated (this is the 8-digit number in red in the lower right side of your previous visa).
- For other, frequently asked questions, please click on the following link.
- Once you have read and understood the instructions, please proceed to the DS160 application form by clicking here.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.