Visa Renewal/CITIC Bank Drop-off Service
Some applicants who meet certain criteria might not need to appear for an interview to receive a visa. Instead, they might be able to apply for a visa by submitting their application via CITIC Bank Drop-Box Service. All qualified visa applications submitted to designated CITIC Bank branches throughout China will be expeditiously processed by our Guangzhou Visa Renewal Processing Center and returned directly to applicants via Express Mail Service (EMS).
Use of the drop-box renewal program is generally mandatory for all eligible applicants. Eligibility criteria can be found below.
Important Tips When Applying Through CITIC Bank Drop-Box Service:
1. When filling out the DS-160, the applicants must choose “Guangzhou” as the processing post.
2. The use of the drop-off service does not guarantee visa issuance. However, even if after reviewing an application submitted through CITIC Bank, we determine that additional information is required to make a final decision, your application will not be automatically denied. Instead, you might be required to provide more information or appear in person for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.
3. Under certain emergency circumstances applicants who cannot wait for a normal CITIC Bank Drop Box Service may request an expedited appointment. More information on this process can be found here.
If you qualify for the Embassy’s Drop-box, the Consular Section will not accept an expedited interview request. For the fastest turnaround of an application eligible for Visa Renewal or Frequent Traveler program, we suggest you use the CITIC Bank location at No.4 North Street, East 3rd Ring Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
- You must be physically present in China.
- Your previous visa was a B (temporary visitor for business/pleasure); C1 (transit); D (crewmembers); C1/D (combined transit/crewmember);F (students); J (exchange visitors); M (nonacademic students) or; O (visitors with extraordinary abilities).
- Your previous visa must be currently valid or must have expired within the last 48 months.
- You must be applying for the exact same type of visa. You must have provided all 10 fingerprints during a previous visa interview (see example below). Note: The U.S. Embassy and Consulates did not start collecting 10 fingerprints until November 15, 2007. If your previous visa was issued before that date you may not have submitted 10 fingerprints, and are not eligible for this program.
- Applicants renewing F1 visas whose previous visas include an annotation "clearance received" and whose visas expired less than 3 years ago should apply through the drop box submitting all documentation found here. To use the drop box, F1 visa applicants must plan to continue attending a U.S. school or institution in which they are already enrolled.
- Applicants renewing other eligible visa classes whose previous visas have the "clearance received" annotation should schedule an appointment to apply in person.
- Applicants renewing J1 visas may use the drop box if they are continuing in an exchange program in which they are already participating.
If you are renewing an H, L, or P visa then you may use our CITIC drop-off service 12 months after the visa has expired. For example, if you visa expires on January 31st, 2012 then you can use the drop-off service up until January 30th 2013. Additional information on visa application procedures can be found here